Employer Related Mental Health Toolkit
Society for Human Resource Management: is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. SHRM serves the needs of the human resource management professional by providing the most essential and comprehensive set of resources available.
A number of resources are available to help ensure that disability-related policies and practices in the workplace take into consideration the needs of people with mental health conditions. These include the following:
· Accommodation Ideas for Mental Health Impairments: Guidance from the Job Accommodation Network (JAN) on workplace supports for employees with mental health impairments.
· JAN Workplace Accommodation Toolkit: A toolkit on workplace accommodations that features a series of Just-in-Time Training Videos on topics including accommodations for employees with mental health disabilities.
· EARN’s Mental Health Toolkit: Resources for Fostering a Mentally Healthy Workplace — This toolkit from the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) provides background, tools and resources that can help employers learn more about mental health issues and cultivate a welcoming and supportive work environment for employees who may be facing mental health issues. It also presents an easy-to-follow framework for fostering a mental health-friendly workplace, all built around the "4 A's": Awareness, Accommodations, Assistance and Access.
o Palm Card — This card illustrates the "4 A's" from the Employer Assistance and Resource Network's Mental Health Toolkit
· Maximizing Productivity: Accommodations for Employees with Psychiatric Disabilities: Fact sheet providing information on workplace accommodations for employees with psychiatric disabilities.
· Working Well: Leading a Mentally Healthy Workplace: Toolkit to provide human resource professionals and business leaders information, strategies, and current best practices to create supportive workplace environments for mental health and well-being.
· Center for Workplace Mental Health: Resources from the American Psychiatric Association Foundation to help employers create a more supportive workplace environment and advance mental health policies at their organizations. Among their employer resources are the ICU and Right Direction programs.
· Boston University Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation - Resources for Employers: Information and resources to help companies who are considering hiring individuals with psychiatric disabilities.
· An Employer's Guide to Employee Assistance Programs (PDF): A report from the National Business Group on Health designed to help employers realize the strategic value of an employee assistance program.
WellSpan EAP is not associated with any non WellSpan Health entities or organizations listed on this page, and assumes no liability regarding information presented by these organizations.